Over the last 7 years that Stacey & I have been your pastors, we have joined together as a church at Christmas to give in sacrificial offerings of over $200,000! These are generous offerings above and beyond our regular tithe to build the kingdom of God in our community and around the world.
Our vision is to help people Follow Jesus, Find Purpose, Grow with others, so that together we can change the world. As you read the included celebration review, you’ll see how our Christmas Offerings helped that occur over the last seven years. But first, I’m excited to share our focus for this year’s offering. We hope this helps you as you prayerfully consider how God is calling you to join us this year.
In Psalm 78:5-7, the psalmist says, “For He established a testimony in Jacob… And appointed a law in Israel…That they should make them known to their children; That the generation to come might know them. The children who would be born, that they may arise and declare them to their children, that they may set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God.”
This year our offering theme is “For Generations to Come”. We can’t change the past, but we can impact the future. God has entrusted the Church with the vital responsibility of making disciples of “all people.” (Matthew 28:19) The primary way we can shape the future is by investing in the discipleship of future generations! Thus, our 2023 offering will have a special focus on building the church locally and globally through disciple making!
Here’s how this year’s Christmas offering will help us to accomplish that mission in 2024:
- Global Project – Building a church-based school with a Foursquare church in Niger, Africa.
- New Life Local Outreach Projects –
- We help will build a house for a family in a nearby community.
- We will also host our 7thannual Easterpalooza outreach & VBS for our community.
- Support for Local & US Ministries that we partner with: Frederick Rescue Mission/ Frederick County Young Life/ Marriage Resources of Frederick/ U.S. church planting with Foursquare & ARC
- Our Global Missions partners:
- Compassion First – healing & restoring sex trafficking victims in Indonesia
- Assignment Peace – Dan & Joy Russell in Jordan
- Mission of Hope – Dominican Republic
- Paul & Marie – Missionary overseers in the Middle East, North Africa & Central Asia
- Nueva Esperanza – Children’s Home in Honduras
- Jason & Nikki Albelo – Foursquare Africa & Foursquare Disaster Relief
- Reid Saunders Evangelistic Association
These are our primary projects and partners, but as the year progresses, we will support other opportunities as they arise. Please take a few minutes to stop and pray about what God would have you give in this offering. Individually our impact is limited, but together we can make a difference in the world FOR GENERATIONS TO COME! We can’t wait to see what God does as we give sacrificially and worship Him through our giving this year.
With love and thanksgiving,
Pastors Abe & Stacey
This season, we will be partnering with Hillcrest and Butterfly Ridge Elementary Schools to bless kids and families in need.
Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- In the back of the auditorium are two Christmas Trees with tags.
- Grab a tag from the tree and shop from the wish list on the back of the tag. Consider buying both a practical item and something fun.
- Register your Angel Tree tag in case the tag is lost.
- Affix the tag to the wrapped gift. Please make sure that the tag is sent back with the gift as there is a number on the tag identifying the child and school.
- Bring all wrapped gifts to the church and place by the Angel tree by Sunday, December 17th.
Optional: Don’t like to shop, but still want to participate? Purchase gift cards and place them in the boxes next to the trees.